BREWERY CELEBRATES 3 YEARS: Marker 48 Brewing, Hernando County's first craft brewery, recently celebrated its third year in business with a celebration Nov. 17 to show appreciation for its customers and the community. The "3 Years of Beer" event included live music on two stages, special beer and bottle releases and multiple food trucks on site. Marker 48 was founded by husband-and-wife team Maurice and Tina Ryman who, in an effort to benefit the community, hold multiple fundraisers throughout the year. It also has a Tap for a Cause program, in which a special beer is brewed and put on tap at the beginning of each month; all money raised from that tap goes to a designated nonprofit. Marker 48 Brewing is a 7-barrel craft brewery with a 32-tap tasting room and an eight-tap beer garden bar, located at 12147 Cortez Blvd., Spring Hill. Visit the website at marker48.com.
DONATE TOY, GET FREE OIL CHANGE: Ice Cold Air Discount Auto Repair is giving away a free oil change, including a tire rotation, from now until Dec. 12 to customers who bring in a new, unwrapped toy for the Marines' Toys for Tots program. Customers have the option of trading the new toy for an oil change and tire rotation on the spot, or exchanging the toy for a voucher for a free future oil change and tire rotation, or $20 off any service. There are 18 Ice Cold Air locations in Hernando, Citrus, Pasco, Pinellas and Hillsborough counties. In Hernando, the shop is at 13409 Cortez Blvd., Spring Hill. Visit icecoldair.com for details and other locations.
CHAMBER RIBBON-CUTTING: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce will host a ribbon cutting for Balloons Beyond at noon Dec. 12 at the Chamber office, 15588 Aviation Loop Drive, Brooksville. Call Sandra Smith, (352) 507-8644.
HEALTHCARE NETWORKING: The next HealthCare Monthly Networking Connection meeting will be from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Dec. 11 at the Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce, 15588 Aviation Loop Drive, Brooksville. Special guests include Encompass Health Rehabilitation Hospital of Spring Hill. The meeting is sponsored by Ackley Dental Group and catered by Smoking Good BBQ and Catering Services. The cost is $15 for preregistered members, $20 for guests and at-the-door. Register online at hernandochamber.com or call (352) 796-0697.
CONNECTIONS MIXER: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce will host its holiday "Off the Clock Connections" mixer at 5:30 p.m. Dec. 13 at Salishan Gracious Retirement Living, 191 Astaire Lane, Spring Hill. The mixer is free, but reservations are highly encouraged. RSVP at hernandochamber.com or call (352) 796-0697.
CHAMBER COMMITTEE MEETINGS: The following Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce committees will meet at the Chamber office, 15588 Aviation Loop Drive, Brooksville. For details, contact the Chamber at (352) 796-0697, unless otherwise specified.
• Marketing Committee, 8:30 a.m. Dec. 12.
• Technology Committee, 8 a.m. Dec. 13; contact Rocco Maglio at (321) 987-0168.
• Networking Committee, 8:30 a.m. Dec. 13.
• Diplomat Committee, 4 p.m. Dec. 13.
• Operation Outreach Committee, 9 a.m. Dec. 18.
• Nature Coast Business Professionals: 7:30 a.m. Fridays, IHOP restaurant, 3660 Commercial Way, Spring Hill. Guests are welcome. Those attending may order from the menu. Call Dana Cutlip, (352) 293-4317.• Connect B2B (Business to Business) Networking: 7:15 to 8:30 a.m. Mondays, Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce, 15588 Aviation Loop Drive, south of Brooksville. Free for chamber members, $5 for non-members. To register, visit hernandochamber.com or call (352) 796-0697.• Connect B2B (Business to Business) Networking, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Mondays, Country Kitchen, 20133 Cortez Blvd., Brooksville. Free for Chamber members, $5 for non-members. To register, visit hernandochamber.com or call (352) 796-0697.• BNI Winning Edge: 7:15 a.m. Tuesdays, Northcliffe Baptist Church, 10515 Northcliffe Blvd., Spring Hill. The cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call Dan Brown, (262) 676-2776.• Keep It Local — Spring Hill/Brooksville Chapter: 7:45 a.m. Wednesdays, Great Life Church, 14494 Cortez Blvd., Brooksville. Call Melanie Grossi, (352) 263-7749.• Keep It Local — Hernando Business Professionals Chapter: 11:15 a.m., second, third and fourth Wednesday of each month, Beef ‘O’ Brady’s, 14387 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill. Call Lauren Jolly, (352) 610-3435.• BNI Leaders by Design: 7:15 to 9:30 a.m. Thursdays, Temple Beth David, 13158 Antelope St., Spring Hill. No cost for first-time visitors. Call Chris Dyer, (352) 849-5353.
Contact Phyllis Day at [email protected] or (352) 848-1408. Follow @pdaytimes.